Many of us go to great lengths to care for our bodies, but we often tend to ignore our feet. Looking after the feet is very important – after all, the feet carry our weight, squeeze themselves into uncomfortable footwear, get exposed to the hot sunlight or cold air, etc. Soon, the feet become painful. In this article, we will examine the reasons why your feet are less than happy with you, and how you can care for them so that they become soft and beautiful again.
The hot weather tempts you to automatically reach for your flip flops, but this can cause a problem. Open heeled shoes do not offer support to the back of the feet, so the heel starts expanding sideways. In turn, this can cause cracked heels.
Prolonged standing up
Those on their feet all day, or who spend long amounts of time standing up on hard floors can cause more pressure on the feet. The increased pressure causes cracks, fissures and open sores. These then bleed and cause severe pain.
High heeled shoes are made of strong, rigid material so that the shoe holds its shape. But their structure can cause a tough knot to form at the back of the heel. Plus, the shoes elevate your feet in an uncomfortable position, thus inflaming the joints and nerves. Plus, the shoe can pinch the skin and cause blisters . Thus, it is recommended that you wear flat or low heeled shoes whenever possible, so that the foot is in a more natural position.
Shoes that do not fit the feet perfectly can cause friction and chafing. The pressure from such shoes can cause such conditions as corns, blisters, athlete’s foot, nail chipping, and even such issues as back pain.
Top tips to get beautiful feet again
- Regular exercise works wonders not just on your body, but also your feet. It improves your blood circulation and keeps the skin hydrated, thus making the skin less prone to dryness.
- Limit your use of open and high heeled footwear to minimize the problems of cracked heels and foot pain.
- If you are going to be on your feet for long, it is important to cushion the feet with gel insoles inside flat shoes.
- Get yourself fitted for shoes, so that they offer good support.
- As you get older, your feet will change shape and size. So get your feet measured every few years for the right size.
- Even the time of the day can affect the size of your feet. The feet swell as the day progresses, so make sure you buy shoes later in the day. Also wear the correct socks or hosiery – too thick socks can affect the fit of the shoe.
- Get smoother, softer skin by exfoliating it with the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi to remove dead skin. It leaves you with soft, beautiful feet in mere minutes.
- Sit back and soak your feet in warm water after a tiring day. This will refresh you and soften your feet, thus reducing the incidence of cracked heels.
- If you have cracked heels, use the Scholl Foot & Nail cream to boost skin cell renewal and get softer skin in just 3 days.
- A quick massage of the feet feels great and improves blood circulation, which prevents cracked feet and dry skin.
With these tips, you will soon have the confidence to show off your pretty feet to the world – and your feet will thank you too!